Christmas in my eyes
Thankfully, after all the excitement of trying to get to Catherine's house, the rest of our holiday was much more conventionally relaxing. Christmas eve was a quality lazing day... pub and lazing...
Then for Christmas day we woke up too. . . presents! YAY! then it was off to church and then straight to the pub! haha! classic. Afterwards it was back to the house for an amazing christmas lunch followed by some serious couch relaxing/sleeping/lazing in front of the fire (with my awesome new slippers!).

From there our holiday seemed to blend into one big relaxed day. Eating heaps, going to the pub and lazing around. It doesn't make for an exciting read but it was great for me nonetheless! and then of course... there was "Stars in their eyes"...
"Stars in their eyes" is an annual fund raiser for the local hurling club and I'd been looking forward to it since I first heard about it months ago. It's held in the local community hall and basically the club puts on a dinner and the best and brightest singers from the local area get up and sing, then everyone else votes and someone is declared the winner. I had soo been looking forward to it and it didn't disappoint. In fact it was unreal! There was 80's tunes, costumes and a small child singing Eye of the Tiger! Everyone totally got into it especially the lady who was compere who got progressively more smashed and risque with her introductions throughout the night.


I also got to go and see the Giant's Causeway whilst we were in Ireland and as has become tradition when I go to the coast over here, the wind was absolutely mental. It was raining too so we spent most of the day admiring things from a safe distance, but it was still cool.


After that we continued to drive up the coast through the rain and wind eventually stopping in a small town for a quick pint. But when we walked into the pub realised that we had made a horrible mistake. Inside we found what can only be described as the creepiest pub ever, there was not a soul to be seen except for two bartenders who looked scarily alike. Subconciosuly I began to hum Hotel California then we all downed our 1/2 pint and sprinted for the car.

Oh and the other really cool thing in Ireland was the Geese Farms! Don't ask me how they get them to not fly away cause I just don't know but however it's done the geese farms are a MUST for any visit to Ireland. Haha geese...
Then for Christmas day we woke up too. . . presents! YAY! then it was off to church and then straight to the pub! haha! classic. Afterwards it was back to the house for an amazing christmas lunch followed by some serious couch relaxing/sleeping/lazing in front of the fire (with my awesome new slippers!).

From there our holiday seemed to blend into one big relaxed day. Eating heaps, going to the pub and lazing around. It doesn't make for an exciting read but it was great for me nonetheless! and then of course... there was "Stars in their eyes"...
"Stars in their eyes" is an annual fund raiser for the local hurling club and I'd been looking forward to it since I first heard about it months ago. It's held in the local community hall and basically the club puts on a dinner and the best and brightest singers from the local area get up and sing, then everyone else votes and someone is declared the winner. I had soo been looking forward to it and it didn't disappoint. In fact it was unreal! There was 80's tunes, costumes and a small child singing Eye of the Tiger! Everyone totally got into it especially the lady who was compere who got progressively more smashed and risque with her introductions throughout the night.


I also got to go and see the Giant's Causeway whilst we were in Ireland and as has become tradition when I go to the coast over here, the wind was absolutely mental. It was raining too so we spent most of the day admiring things from a safe distance, but it was still cool.


After that we continued to drive up the coast through the rain and wind eventually stopping in a small town for a quick pint. But when we walked into the pub realised that we had made a horrible mistake. Inside we found what can only be described as the creepiest pub ever, there was not a soul to be seen except for two bartenders who looked scarily alike. Subconciosuly I began to hum Hotel California then we all downed our 1/2 pint and sprinted for the car.

Oh and the other really cool thing in Ireland was the Geese Farms! Don't ask me how they get them to not fly away cause I just don't know but however it's done the geese farms are a MUST for any visit to Ireland. Haha geese...
Merry Xmas Everyone!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home