Polar bears and Asia.
This morning I went to "The Great White Bear" exhibition at the Horniman Museum. It's a photographic exhibition which set out to find and photograph all 32 stuffed Polar bears in the UK, then give some history about each bear. Museums aren't usually very emotive but this exhibition was sooo sad. Some of the bears are really well done but some have been stuffed really badly and look nothing like real bears, other's have been turned into big lamppost's and live in someone's hallway. The histories of some of the bears were really tragic too. I walked out thinking poor bears! For all that though, the exhibition was really good and really stayed with me.
In the afternoon I went to the British Museum (again) and just sat around looking at the Asian relics. I needed something a bit more Zen than stuffed bears (poor bears...) and the scultptures in there are just amazing. How cool are god's with 8 arms and 3 heads! Lovely stuff.


In the afternoon I went to the British Museum (again) and just sat around looking at the Asian relics. I needed something a bit more Zen than stuffed bears (poor bears...) and the scultptures in there are just amazing. How cool are god's with 8 arms and 3 heads! Lovely stuff.



3 Comments:
good to see u guys finally got a pet... Hang on thats not a dog.
He's kinda like one... but a bit bigger and he's got a bit of the leela about him in terms of temperament.
...you mean he pisses on the floor all the time and is loud.
Post a Comment
<< Home