Friday, October 13, 2006

Show me the Monet!

Man it was pooring yesterday! However I had ambitious plans to go to the National Gallery and armed with my new waterproof jacket I ventured out into the rain. After the first 20 metres I rembered that my jeans weren't waterproof. Oh well how wet could they get? "How about THIS wet!" a passing car said as it splashed a gigantic puddle of water all over me. I stood like a drowned rat and it absolutely cracked me up! but instead of going to the gallery I went to our local cafe and got a sweet sandwich then headed home.
An hour later the rain was gone and I was on my way to the Gallery. It is amazing going into a big gallery. Seeing paintings by Da vinci, Rubens, Rembrant, Degas etc. but the most amazing were the Monet paintings. I sat in front of 4 in particular for at least an hour totally blown away. They were just magic. Its amazing how much more powerful a painting is when it is right there in front of you.
Oh and for my birthday Catherine took me to my first west end musical. It was called "Avenue Q" and was a wacky mix of people, sesame street style monsters and adult themes. Was great fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home