Fast cars in Ireland.
I've been looking forward to going to Ireland pretty much since I got here. This weekend we finally got over there and I had a really great time. Got to meet Catherine's family and see where she grew up. Which is Northern Ireland and is really beautiful, actually it reminded me a lot of coastal NSW but with more green!.. and rain.
My 2nd visit to a beach over here didn't disappoint either. The ocean was raging and the wind was blowing so hard that the foam from the waves was getting picked up and thrown across the sand. We had a face exfoliatingly good time though :)
On the sunday I got to go and watch the local hurling team play-off for a spot in the regional finals. For those who aren't sure what Hurling is, just imagine AFL but every player has a hockey stick and it's played with a cricket ball. Oh and heaps of "biff" to use the parlance of our times. It was great fun to watch! Unfortunately the local team didn't win but on the way home I got to drive a Mercedes V8!! It was Amazing! Closest thing I've ever felt to a motorcycle with 4 wheels.
The other big difference around this time of year is that the leaves are all starting to change colour, which never really happens in Oz. The colours are fantastic.. oh and the sun doesn't pass overhead anymore. It just comes up for a bit then goes back to bed. haha.
Anyway I really enjoyed my time in Ireland, wish we could have stayed a bit longer.



My 2nd visit to a beach over here didn't disappoint either. The ocean was raging and the wind was blowing so hard that the foam from the waves was getting picked up and thrown across the sand. We had a face exfoliatingly good time though :)
On the sunday I got to go and watch the local hurling team play-off for a spot in the regional finals. For those who aren't sure what Hurling is, just imagine AFL but every player has a hockey stick and it's played with a cricket ball. Oh and heaps of "biff" to use the parlance of our times. It was great fun to watch! Unfortunately the local team didn't win but on the way home I got to drive a Mercedes V8!! It was Amazing! Closest thing I've ever felt to a motorcycle with 4 wheels.
The other big difference around this time of year is that the leaves are all starting to change colour, which never really happens in Oz. The colours are fantastic.. oh and the sun doesn't pass overhead anymore. It just comes up for a bit then goes back to bed. haha.
Anyway I really enjoyed my time in Ireland, wish we could have stayed a bit longer.




2 Comments:
And by Hurling, you mean... Lacrosse
Your lack of knowledge regarding this subject is making me "le cross" (as the french say).
Post a Comment
<< Home